DAY 19: LIFE CHANGING.
Any unexpected ways kink has improved your life? If so, what are they?
I don’t know how unexpected the improvements were, but here are some ways “kink” has improved my life:
1) I have become so used to and so fond of discomfort that it has extended to my personal, professional and social relationships and activities. I am flexible enough to adjust anywhere and tolerate any kind of human being.
2) I have been degraded and dehumanized enough to know never to insult or disrespect any person or community.
3) I know to thank and apologize when I think it is required.
4) Constantly having to understand and decipher the end-game of a very complicated sadist has made me sensitive to the needs and intentions of any cohort.
5) I know what pain is, real gut-wrenching pain. I know what helplessness is, real immobility, incapability to fight. I know what risk and danger are. So, I don’t sweat the small stuff, or anything. I know how to protect myself against unexpected dangers and I know every minute of my life is significant. I know how lucky it is to be alive.
6) I know to chase happiness, at all costs.
7) I know that even if I lose everything, everything, as long as I am alive I can pick myself up and rebuild everything else.
8) I am objective and respectful of the uniqueness and individuality of every person.
9) I love myself, the bare essentials of who I am, because I have been stripped bare of every other layer and left to contend only with the truth of who I am.